When I'm invited at a friend or family's house and I want to bake something for them, the first thing that pops in my mind is "mmmmh, a delicious brownie". What's not to like in a dark-Belgian chocolate-slightly salty- heavenly smelling brownie?! It's always a success when I make it, and I end up craving it so much after it's done! So I decided to share with you my secret/not so secret recipe for an easy, tasty, amazing brownie.
You will need
* 200 grams of dark chocolate - my favorite is the Côte d'Or Noir Fondant
* 200 grams of butter - organic, if you can
* 125 grams of caster sugar
* 80 grams of white flour
* 4 eggs - also organic, if you can
* one or two pinches of salt
* and 125 grams of nuts - pecan, hazelnuts, any kind you like, for a little crunch!
* Step 0 - Preheat your oven at 150°C.
* Step 1 - Put your sugar in a large bowl, and add all the eggs. Beat the eggs and the sugar together until the sugar is dissolved in the eggs, and the whole mix is one color.
* Step 2 - Melt your butter and chocolate by using a microwave, or the bain-marie technique.
* Step 3 - Add the butter-chocolate goodness to the sugar-eggs mixture. Then add the flour. Take your time to mix everything with a wooden spoon until smooth.
* Step 4 - Pour your batter in a cake tin, sprinkle some salt on top, then some nuts, and push on the nuts so they are at least 3/4 in, covered with the brownie batter.
* Step 5 - Put your brownie in the oven for 25 minutes at 150°C.
* Step 6 - Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a good 15minutes. Then cut, serve and eat! I prefer to cut my brownie in squares, and it will make around 12 servings. Mmmh, smooth, chocolaty, crunchy, a bit salty, it's heaven on earth, and definitely a crowd pleasure!