A little quick and delicious idea for a weekend lunch. When you just want to eat something that's gonna fill you up, make your belly and tongue happy, something healthy that you can prepare for you and your loved ones in 5 minutes. Maybe you're a bit hungover, maybe you just had a long week and you want to appreciate the simple things in life!
What do you think of... a good bagel?!
Note to self: you have to anticipate a lazy Saturday or Sunday. Go to the supermarket on Thursday of Friday, so you're fully prepared for your slow weekend luncheon.
Essentials on your shopping list:
- Ripe avocados
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cheese (goat cheese or any other soft cheese)
I bought everything organic and vegetarian, but whatever is your preference, go for it!
For the rest, you have it in your kitchen (salt and pepper) and you can always add some pieces of vegetables leftovers (roasted bell peppers, feta cheese, half a lemon...)
- First, prepare the avocado spread. Simply cut one or two avocados in two, take the pit out, and with a fork, mash the flesh of the avocados in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Your avocado spread is done!
- Second, cut medium-size piece of cheese. Put it on a plate to serve.
- On the other part of the plate, cut your cherry tomatoes.
- Cut your bagel in length and put the two parts in your toaster. It's gonna come out crunchy but still tender.
- Now, compose your tasty bagel, and enjoy!